- • Disabled Dealer Magazine
brings complete access to people with disabilities and the elderly of new and pre-owned adaptive equipment, services, resources, and events throughout the nation.
- • inMotion Magazine from Amputee Coalition
is published bimonthly for ACA members to provide timely, comprehensive information. Selected articles from past issues are available in the NLLIC Library Catalog, but to receive all of the information inMotion provides, subscribe to inMotion.
- • New Mobility Magazine
is for wheelchair users, informing with articles, active message boards, chat rooms, a calendar of events, links and classifieds. Articles cover relationships/sexuality, travel, health, legal rights, employment, parenting, recreation, sports, arts, etc.
- • O&P Edge
is an independent media company covering the clinical, business, regulatory, and human aspects of the orthotic and prosthetic community directly and objectively.
- • Paraplegia News
comprehensive coverage of wheelchair living—from spinal-cord-injury research and car/van adaptations, to legislation that impacts people with disabilities and accessible travel.
- • Able Data
is the premier source for impartial, comprehensive information on products, solutions and resources to improve productivity and ease with life’s tasks.
- • Accommodation Cost Guides for People with Disabilities
lists the renovation costs and logistics of various home remodeling for people with disabilities.
- • Active Amp
is the online connection for amputees with an active lifestyle.
- • Advanced Arm Dynamics, Inc.
is the nation’s leading provider of upper-extremity prostheses while offering a comprehensive approach to patient care and providing advanced technology to improve prosthetic function and comfort.
- • American Academy of Orthotists & Prosthetists
offers products & services as well as articles and the latest news. Find here a global resource for orthotics and prosthetics information.
- • American Orthopedic Society for Sports Medicine - AOSSM
supports educational and research programs in sports medicine. contains archived & searchable news releases, information on doctors, membership, and products.
- • American Physical Therapy Association
offers a list of publications of interest to parents and educators of handicapped children.
- • Amputee and Disability Resource Directory for Canadian Amputees
offers the Amputee Phantom Pain Support Group, amputee-centric stories, photos, activities, music, news and more for the active or new amputee.
- • Amputee Center
provides patient services, information on the patented Pump It Up! TM Socket design, helpful links and a forum for amputees to exchange information.
- • Amputee Center Forum
- • Amputee Coalition of America
- • Amputee News
site with news and a newsletter sign-up about amputees, for amputees, and by amputees.
- • Amputee Support from Stumps
- • British Association of Prosthetists & Orthotists - BAPO
aims to encourage high standards of prosthetic and orthotic practice, continued professional development and education as well as enhancing standards of prosthetic and orthotic care.
- • Canadian Association of Prosthetists & Orthotists - CAPO
offers communications and information for prosthetists, orthotists, clients and public.
- • Coping with Sudden Illness or Disability
- • Depression and Disability
- • Dianceht Prosthetics
is a company that makes individual sculpting for high quality custom prostheses for amputee parts of the body such as fingers, hands, arms, earlobe, feet, legs, and noses.
- • Disability Accommodation Cost Guides
- • Disability Accommodation Guide
find insight into the steps to ensure the home is disability-friendly, and how to take these steps in the most cost-effective manner possible.
- • Disability Resources Monthly
is the world's gateway to disability resources on the Internet, featuring thousands of the best disability-related web sites convenientally arranged by subject or state.
- • Disability Resources Monthly
is a web resource focused on disability issues. Includes publications, software, videos and databases.
- • Disability Rights in Housing from HUD
- • Disability.gov’s Guide to Transportation
contains a massive amount of information concerning mobility in travel for all types of physical needs.
- • Disaster Preparedness for People With Disabilities (PDF format)
is to help people who have physical, visual, auditory, or cognitive disabilities to prepare for natural disasters and their consequences.
- • Disaster Preparedness for People with Disabilities and other Special Needs
in PDF pamphlet format.
- • Fire Safety & Disabilities Guide
- • Fire Safety and Disabilities Guide
- • Guide on Job Searching With a Disability
details the hiring methods available to human resources and the laws that govern the employment system.
- • Guide to Buying Used Accessible Vehicles
- • Guide to Traveling for the Disabled
an extensive guide for those with varying disabilities, or for those who travel with them.
- • HelpHopeLive, formerly the National Transplant Assistance Fund
is a national nonprofit engaging communities in fundraising to help patients and families ease the financial burden of a medical crisis.
- • Housing Rights for Renters with Disabilities
- • Increasing Physical Activity among Adults with Disabilities
find guidelines for keeping those with disabilities active and vital. From the CDC.
- • International Society for Prosthetics and Orthotics - ISPO
provides educational resources & schooling, published documents, related links and membership information.
- • Lower Extremity Amputation Prevention Program from the Department of Health Resources and Services Administration
is a comprehensive program that can dramatically reduce lower extremity amputations in individuals with diabetes mellitus, Hansen's disease, or any condition that results in loss of protective sensation in the feet.
- • National Commission on Orthotic and Prosthetic Education - NCOPE
is the accreditation body for the Orthotic and Prosthetic profession. Includes lists of accredited schools, residency programs, standards and related links.
- • National Transportation Safety Board - NTSB
is an independent Federal agency charged by Congress with investigating every civil aviation accident in the United States and significant accidents in the other modes of transportation.
- • Ortho Europe
is a leader in the design and manufacture of innovative prosthetic devices. Details products, news and events, FAQ's and articles.
- • OrthoSuperSite
is the most comprehensive orthopedic web site online. From the publisher of The Journal Of Knee Surgery, Orthopedics Today, Orthopaedics Today International, and Orthopedics.
- • Ossur Prosthetics
is a leading global company in non-invasive orthopaedics, delivering advanced and innovative technologies within the fields of prosthetics, braces, supports and compression therapy.
- • Pacer
provides assistance to individuals and families. Includes workshops and materials for parents, professionals and leadership in securing free and appropriate education for all children.
- • Prepare for Disasters and Emergencies for the Disabled - Red Cross | FEMA
is a pamplet designed for those who need special assistance or those who are disabled and less-abled.
- • Results Study -- Use of Simulation Exercises for Safety Training in the U.S. Mining Industry
is a study report on the results of a survey of organizations that used problem-solving simulation exercises to support mine health and safety training.
- • Service Dogs - Learn About the Different Types
- • Surgery Encyclopedia's Amputation Information
is a no-frills information page that lists, among other items, a definition, detailed graphic, diagnosis, questions to ask a doctor, as well as alternatives to amputation. Straight-forward and complete for those seeking immediate answers.
- • Tips for Traveling with Disabilities
provides tips and information on what 15 major airlines do for travelers who need extra support when flying, from cheapflights.com
- • Top Tips for Getting Fit if You’re Disabled
interview / Q&A with Dom Thorpe, a trainer who specializes in fitness for those with disabilities.
- • Ultimate Guide to Home Accommodations for Persons with Disabilities
contains an exhaustive list of considerations for those with disabilities and those who are in marketing home accommodations for persons living with disabilities.
- • United Amputee Services Association Inc.
includes a survivors' guide.
- • Virtual Naval Hospital
digital library was decommissioned by the US Navy after serving 9 million users due to a lack of funding, yet it will continue to be a resource for the many content bases that have provided aid to those who seek information.
- • Wheelchair Cushions by Aquila Corporation
manufactures seat cushion systems for the mobility impaired. Designed for pressure sore prevention and healing, the wheelchair cushion systems provide the pressure relief needed for extended sitting.