- • American National Standards Institute - ANSI
is a non-profit organization that administers and coordinates the U.S. voluntary standardization and conformity assessment system. Library and databases are available as well as list of services, standards information, events and membership.
- • American Society for Testing Materials - ASTM
provides a global forum for the development and publication of voluntary consensus standards for materials, products, systems and services. ASTM standards serve as the basis for manufacturing, procurement and regulatory activities.
- • American Society of Mechanical Engineers
- • American Society of Safety Engineers - ASSE
is the oldest and largest professional safety organization. Its members manage, supervise, and consult on safety, health and environmental issues in industry, insurance, government and education. Founded in 1911.
- • Center for Transportation Analysis - CTA
in the Oak Ridge National Laboratory (ORNL) develops integrated inter-modal transportation solutions through innovative and cost-effective research and development.
- • Consumer Product Safety Commission - CPSC
protects the public against unreasonable risks of injuries associated with consumer products. Search recalls, report unsafe products.
- • Consumer Reports Tire and Car Care Division
provides reviews of tires and car accessories including car batteries and gps navigation systems.
- • Department of Transportation - DOT
find information about the departments organizations, their initiatives, reports and publications, also has related links and library resources.
- • Environmental Protection Agency - EPA
is responsible for protecting human health and to safeguard the natural environment. Browse site to find info on laws and regulations, educational resources, and programs.
- • Federal Highway Administration - FHWA
is a part of the Department of Transportation, their job is to enhance the country's economic vitality, quality of life and environment through proactive leadership, innovation, and service excellence.
- • Insurance Institute for Highway Safety
is the leader in finding what works and what doesn't to prevent crashes and reduce injuries related to car accidents. Survey crash test evaluations, vehicle ratings, and news releases are some of the things found on this site.
- • National Institute of Standards and Technology
is a federal technology agency that promotes economic growth by developing and applying technology, measurements, and standards.
- • National Transportation Safety Board - NTSB
is an independent Federal agency charged by Congress with investigating every civil aviation accident in the United States and significant accidents in the other modes of transportation.
- • Occupational Safety and Health Administration
sets the standard for the health and safety of the American employee.
- • Safer Car (dot) gov
is where to find all the latest news and reports on car safety, repair records, safety ratings, recalls by VIN number, and so much more.
- • Safety Online
presents accident information, products, news and resources for professionals in the occupational safety industry.
- • Society of Automotive Engineers
is the place to research technical standards and specifications. This site offers a wealth of information related to designing, building, maintaining and operating motor vehicles or craft for use on land, water or in the air.
- • Texas Department of Public Safety - Motorcycle Safety
administers the Texas motorcycle operator training and safety program, and all terrain vehicle safety and certification program.
- • Volpe - The National Transportation Systems Center
whose mission is to improve transportation by anticipating and addressing emerging issues and advancing technical, operational, and institutional innovations across all modes.